Value Proposition Letters (VPL) are a brief and persuasive account of what you achieve—not what you do. Increasingly more critical for 6- and 7-figure executives, it is clear, concise, and worded in quantified metrics, i.e. dollars ($), timeframes (XX months) and percentages (%). Intended to be mailed to the CEO, Managing Director, Owner, or other top decision maker.
A great value proposition letter should answer questions such as:
- Why should I invest my time in talking to you?
- What value do you offer my company?
- What’s in it for me?
- What makes you so special?
CEOs want answers to these questions—and the more you can measure what you accomplish, the more it means. In an Executive Value Proposition Letter we answer these questions in a concise and compelling way, providing the top decision maker with proof that you offer the company value.
Your Executive Value Proposition Letter will:
- Address a problem the company is facing.
- Provide proof you can tackle this problem.
- Use short sentences and paragraphs and power words to keep the reader’s interest.
- Utilise specific metrics and facts to achieve instant credibility.
- Written in a conversational tone and is 150 words or less.
According to Jobbait.com Executive Value Proposition Letters mailed directly to the company decision maker are 85% successful at securing employment within 90 days compared to Networking (30% success) and using job boards (1% success). The odds are in your favour when you start utilising a Value Proposition Letter now.